Pages

▼

Sunday, December 24, 2023

2023 in Review


Just a quick recap of my reading for 2023. I didn't get through as many books as I would have liked due to studying, but I did manage around 50 or so over the year. You can find my reading list here at Goodreads - My Year In Review.

There were some definitely stand-outs, some that missed the mark, some the became formulaic the more of a particular author (and authors from the same publisher) that I read, and some that completely failed to engage me as much as I thought they would.

My two stand-outs for this year are:

Dogboy V Catfish by Lucas Gracias

The Counterfeit Countess by Elizabeth B White & Joanna Sliwa

Both books are highly recommended reading!


In other news, I have unsubscribed from a number of "book lists" - their offerings have failed to grab my attention, and am currently reviewing (pardon the pun) books I select for reviewing as I have been sorely disappointed in my chosen selections this year. For the next year, I will no longer feel need / compulsion to finish a book that fails to engage me, but will instead invest in those that do. I will also be culling my book / reading groups that I no longer engage in myself.

I hope that you - the reader - have embarked upon your own reading journey this year and have found it rewarding.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your great reviews. Rock solid reviews of history and historical fiction. You have tipped me off to some great reads and helped me to avoid some not so great ones. Jonathan

    ReplyDelete