Sunday, December 24, 2023

2023 in Review


Just a quick recap of my reading for 2023. I didn't get through as many books as I would have liked due to studying, but I did manage around 50 or so over the year. You can find my reading list here at Goodreads - My Year In Review.

There were some definitely stand-outs, some that missed the mark, some the became formulaic the more of a particular author (and authors from the same publisher) that I read, and some that completely failed to engage me as much as I thought they would.

My two stand-outs for this year are:

Dogboy V Catfish by Lucas Gracias

The Counterfeit Countess by Elizabeth B White & Joanna Sliwa

Both books are highly recommended reading!


In other news, I have unsubscribed from a number of "book lists" - their offerings have failed to grab my attention, and am currently reviewing (pardon the pun) books I select for reviewing as I have been sorely disappointed in my chosen selections this year. For the next year, I will no longer feel need / compulsion to finish a book that fails to engage me, but will instead invest in those that do. I will also be culling my book / reading groups that I no longer engage in myself.

I hope that you - the reader - have embarked upon your own reading journey this year and have found it rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment