Saturday, May 13, 2017

May Additions

May is witnessing some new activity in the Library with some new and some new old items being added to the ever-burgeoning shelves - mayhap it is time to invest in more shelving ...

So, in no particular order, here are the latest tomes to be added:
  • King John : Treachery, Tyranny and the Road to Magna Carta by Marc Morris
  • William II : The Red King by John Gillingham
  • The King's Revenge : Charles II and the Greatest Manhunt in British History by Michael Walsh & Don Jordan
  • The Flower of Chivalry : Bertrand du Guesclin and the Hundred Years War by Richard Vernier (I have been wanting this biography for some years now, and when I went to purchase it some months ago, it was out of stock - so this time, snapped it up)
  • The Men of the North : The Britons of Southern Scotland by Tim Clarkson
  • The Strathclyde and the Anglo-Saxons in the Viking Age by Tim Clarkson

Also added:
The Lady of the Lake by Andrzej Sapkowski (the others  in "The Witcher" series were added some time ago)

Thanks to technology, my phone reminded me in a timely manner (ie: before I left the area) that my local branch of the Municipal Library was having a book sale (an event I put into my phone calendar some weeks prior and then promptly forgot), and five dollars later I walked out with a box containing the following:
  • The Courtesan's Lover by Gabrielle Kimm (forgetting I already have a copy)
  • Poirot's Early Cases by Agatha Christie (even though I have the full set of Agatha Christies's works in hardback)
  • The Book of Australia Great Trials by  Jeremy Stoljar
  • A Certain Grandeur: Gough Whitlam's Life in Politics by Graham Freudenberg
  • Her Highness the Traitor by Susan Higginbotham
  • Perdition: The Crusaders' Last Stand by James Jackson
  • Children of Light: How Electricity Changed Britain Forever by Gavin Weightman
  • Street Fight In Naples: A City's Unseen History by Peter Robb
Hope everyone is enjoying their reading this month!


No comments:

Post a Comment