Thursday, February 27, 2020

Clive Cussler: Dirk Pitt novels author dies aged 88

From BBC News
The author Clive Cussler with one of his best-known books in 1977. He had a second career scouring the oceans for shipwrecks.Clive Cussler, the US author of the popular Dirk Pitt novels, has died at the age of 88.

He wrote 25 books in the adventure series, including Sahara and Raise the Titanic, and sold more than 100 million copies of his novels in total.

Writing on Twitter, Cussler's wife said: "It is with a heavy heart that I share the sad news that my husband Clive passed away [on] Monday.

"It has been a privilege to share in his life."

She added: "I want to thank you, his fans and friends, for all the support. He was the kindest most gentle man I ever met. I know, his adventures will continue."

The cause of his death has not been confirmed.

read more here @ BBC News

My own introduction to Cussler was when I did a book report (way back when) on "Raise the Titanic!" - I was looking to read something different to what everyone else was reading and just happened upon this title. It has remained with me ever since. Vale Clive.

No comments:

Post a Comment