Monday, July 2, 2018

The Legacy by Melanie Phillips

From NY Blueprint:
A TV producer, the Holocaust, and an ancient Jewish manuscript collide in the latest book from British journalist Melanie Phillips, "The Legacy". As her first work of fiction, Phillips, 67, found it a particularly engaging challenge that pushed her methods of both research and writing to new heights. She explores everything from grieving, to the habits of medieval Jewry.

Some years previously, I had come across someone who had stumbled upon a medieval manuscript and that experience had lodged in my mind. I also read a book which related a particularly shocking story about Holocaust Europe and which made an enormous impression on me. Once I had written my own “medieval manuscript” for the novel, the rest of the story, including the mystery that it represents and the attempt to unravel it, gradually fell into place.
read entire interview here @ NY Blueprint



No comments:

Post a Comment