Monday, June 5, 2017

The Wild Air by Rebecca Mascull

Rebecca Mascull’s latest novel, The Wild Air, is set in the early days of aviation and tells the story of Della Dobbs, a young woman whose ambition is to learn to fly. Here, Rebecca tells us about the real life female pilots who defied convention and risked all for their passion.
Every time I start researching about women in history, I always find the most extraordinary stories of women who circumvented the restrictions of their time and lived lives of adventure and exploration that defy expectations. Most of these women are almost completely lost to history and remain unsung. When writing The Wild Air I chose to create my own main character, but her experiences and ambitions are typical of many an aviatrix I read about.

read more here @ Historia Magazine


No comments:

Post a Comment